Thursday, January 01, 2004

STARSKY AND HUTCH (DVD)

Director: Todd Phillips (Old School, Road Trip)
Starring: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Snoop Dogg

Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson in yet another pitiful attempt to transform an old (and bad) TV series into a quick buck. My first reaction was: Wow, did this movie ever suck. There were (possibly) a half dozen moderately funny moments. Unfortunately, there were many times more not-so-funny moments. In retrospect, however, this flick might have a pale life left for itself on TBS re-runs. I will admit that I occasionally do enjoy watching movies like 'Necessary Roughness' on a Sunday when I'm bored. Maybe I'll enjoy watching this then too. The sad thing, though, is that's the best that this might have going for it. Of course, being compared in any fashion whatsoever to a 1980s Scott Bakula and Sinbad football movie is probably not a good sign.

Standouts: Ben and Owen. I likes 'em. They're cute.
Blowouts: Another Goddamn remake of a bad TV show? Come on!

Grade: C-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home