Tuesday, January 25, 2005

WEDDING CRASHERS

Director: David Dobkin (Shanghai Knights, Clay Pigeons)
Starring: Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Isla Fisher

It’s the rare comedy that really strikes me as funny. That’s why I was particularly surprised that 3 excellent comedies would come out in such quick succession. The Aristocrats was funny. 40-Year-Old Virgin was hilarious. Wedding Crashers was somewhere in between. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn have made a number of comedies, and are quite good at it. I personally think this is the best work for either of them to date. There were moments of this film that I couldn’t stop laughing, and there are a host of lines to remember. My only regret is that the film finished on a bit of a whimper. Will Ferrell (who I normally enjoy in a cheesy sort of way) made a late appearance, but unfortunately didn’t fit into the story very well. For the first 60 to 80 minutes, though, this was an extraordinarily funny flick.

Standouts: Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, two funny guys.
Blowouts: Will Ferrell’s late insertion into the film just didn’t work.

Grade: A-

9/3/2005

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home