Sunday, January 05, 2003

GIGANTIC (A TALE OF TWO JOHNS)

Director: AJ Schnack (no major film work)
Starring: documentary about the band They Might be Giants

Here is documentary film-making at its most inconsequential. Here is documentary film-making as one giant suck-up. I love you They Might be Giants! I love you! (There's the movie in two sentences.)

I'm a bit of a They Might be Giants fan though, so I still enjoyed it on some level … somewhat. Eh, at least this flick *was* funny at parts. That's good.
That's all I really have to say.


Standouts: Uhhhhh ...
Blowouts: I can think of no compelling reason that this film should have been made except for the directors strange love affair with Flansburgh and Linnell. Yes, they're quirky and talented. No, they're not a cultural phenomenon.

Grade: C-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home